Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Spelling Bee

Our kids participated in a spelling bee on February 5th. It was so fun. They did really well and I was so proud of them. I was afraid that they would be so unhappy if they did not win and I was impressed that not only were they happy with their selves once they were done but they were talking about how excited they were to do it again next year. Lydia says she wants to win next year. I cannot explain in words the amount of pride I had for my kids. It was the best birthday ever.

Honestly our kids were getting kind of nervous before hand and they were pretty much wanting to back out and not do it. I told them that for my birthday I would really like for them to try to spell just one word and that would make me so happy. I said that I wouldn't just be happy if they won but that I would be happy if they just tried. This gave them some confidence and I think they did better than they thought they would. The best part of it all was that they were proud of themselves. And they should be. It looked scary getting up there and yet they did it and smiled when they were done.

Corbin outlasted quite a few in his group. And Lydia lasted 5 rounds and longer than half of her group.

They received a certificate for participation and they got to pick a prize.


Corbin looks so short in this picture next to the other Kindergardeners and First graders.




Doesn't she look adorable!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Yes, she does!

Corbin...the cutest little punk kid there! Love the reversed hat. Give that boy some bubble gum!